Saturday, February 13, 2010

Plenty of pork

Sixteen for lunch, so challenged myself to do a roast

This required starting with a piece of pork so large that the bathroom scales were pressed into service

A nervous moment, as it just squeezed into the oven

Cooked at a very low heat for about 14 hours . . .

. . . until it was meltingly tender, and could be 'carved' with a fork

A great recipe, which I'd definitely do again. Crisp crackling, tender pork, and the stuff at the bottom was confit-ed almost like rillettes
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would be worried that after 14 hours the pork would have become quite dry? Also, what cut of pork did you use?

9:10 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

It was a shoulder of pork with plenty of fat, and cooked at such a low temperature that it was supermoist. I was sceptical before I cooked it, but would definitely do it again.

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home