So, after a veggie January, a start to February dominated by steak frites during a week's holiday in France.
A ferw thoughts on a month of no meat . . .
- We discovered lots of new recipes - grilled polenta, baked aubergines, aubergine caviar and tempura will all be repeated again
- It forced us to be more inventive with midweek meals
- I was a lot hungrier
- Eating out (except for a few noble exceptions) was tricky - being left with the one veggie option was challenging, and a chinese takeaway based around tofu was a low
So . . .
- Interestingly it wasn't the great big lumps of animal flesh that I missed - it was hings like anchovies, pancetta achicken stock that add a lot of flavour to any meal
- I would do it again, althought probably in the summer next time