Sunday, March 09, 2008

Roast loin of pork

A piece of boned loin of pork, with the skin removed but fat remaining. Covered with rosemary, salt and pepper; in a roasting tray with celery, onions, garlic and parboiled maris pipers.


Roasted for about 50 minutes. I used a probe with a digital readout outside the oven to cook it until it was 77 degrees at the thickest point.

Cooked some shredded January King cabbage with crushed juniper berries and butter while the pork was resting.

Served with a thin gravy made with the pan juices, a little champagne and stock. I cook a lot, but I genuinely think this was one of the best dishes I've made. A trifle over seasoned, but a winning recipe, and one I'd recommend to anyone, and definitely do again.
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks great - also maybe with some mashed celeriac?

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home